"A post office opened in Prairie in 1857, changed its name to Black's Station in 1876, and to Zamora in 1915....The town lends its name to a type of soil... grayish brown, slightly acid loam...used for growing orchards...
In 1908 these two families built St. Anges Catholic Church. On Christmas day 1912 one of the families daughters was baptised in the church.(REF.)
Reference: Interview with Slaven/Horgan relative.
Link 2: http://www.cagenweb.com/yolo/yol_co_photos/zamora.htm