"The vision for Hollywood United Methodist Church as "a sanctuary of hope" began back in 1909 when the first congregants started to organize. Eventually with an ever-expanding business community and a growing congregation, a bold step was undertaken to purchase a lot on the corner of Highland and Franklin Avenues at the base of the Hollywood Hills, and to build a new home.
(At the time of the wedding of Suzanne and Alan
Wilson the seating was dark wood pews.)
"The congregation's faith and perseverance was finally rewarded on March 16, 1930. The majestic building was unveiled to enthusiastic acclaim, launching its distinguished reign as a Hollywood landmark. An historic postcard describes the church building as "...one of the most famous churches on the Pacific coast," with an atmosphere of "...reverence in symbolic beauty and compelling stillness."In December 1981 the church was declared Historic-Cultural Monument #248 by the City of Los Angeles."(See Link 1.)
December 1, 1967 Suzanne and Alan Wilson were married in the chapel at The First Methodist Church of Hollywood. In 2008 Suzanne had the following article published in February 9, 2008 The Vancouver Sun, "Wedding Plans and Memories".